Mediterranean all day
There are many ways to incorporate the delicious foods of the Mediterranean diet into your daily menu. Here are a few ideas to get you started.
- whole-grain bread topped with a small amount of low-fat cheese and slices of fresh tomato, drizzled with a little extra virgin olive oil
- vegetable omelet made with mushrooms, spinach, and onions cooked in olive oil with crusty whole-grain bread
- plain Greek yogurt topped with nuts and fresh berries.
- Greek salad made with chopped mixed greens, kalamata olives, tomatoes, fresh parsley, feta cheese. Dress with extra virgin olive oil and freshly squeezed lemon
- chickpea and farro salad with red peppers, spring onions, and fresh oregano, dressed with extra virgin olive oil and lemon juice
- vegetarian pizza topped with part-skim mozzarella cheese, roasted broccoli, onions, green peppers, and carrots.
- grilled vegetable kabobs with shrimp, toasted quinoa salad, and mixed green salad with pine nuts
- chicken stir-fried in olive oil with broccoli, cauliflower, asparagus, and yellow peppers, served over brown rice
- steamed mussels with spinach-orzo salad and minestrone soup.